Saturday, March 22, 2008

February 2, The Interview

So, I got to Toronto on the 1st because we are having one heck of a snow storm and I didn't want to miss my interview, so I spent the whole night tossing and turning about what the next day would bring.
The girls from work had flowers sent to my room (thanks Jenn, Jenna, Chrissy, and Amy!) so that made me feel right at home, knowing that everyone was behind me. I was getting texts like crazy from people wishing me luck and such.
Saturday rolls around and I get to the interview room about 45 minutes early. This gave me time to meet some other candidates and fill out all the paperwork and such.
We met Eric from Cast-A-Way, then Rodger and Sue from Disney itself. The presentation had everything from what we'll be wearing to the rate of pay, discounts, and where we will be living. It just hit me...I'm applying at the most magical place in the world! I can't believe I'm here!
My interview wasn't until 3:30pm, so I went back to the hotel and Steve came to help calm me down (thanks hunny) because I was all full of nerves. I get back to the Grand Hotel, and I forgot all my papers (I can't believe I did that!) so I rushed back, and luckily made it back on time....I interviewed with Sue (and even got a pin for being last) and I thought it went really well. She asked me questions like what my boss would say about me if they were there, and why I was applying (as if it wasn't obvious). I felt fairly confident that I nailed most of it, and then I told Eric that I work for Delta Hotels and he was saying one of the people that works for him was going to be there in March so I actually ended up getting her a Friends and Family rate there. Always good to make nice with everyone....You never know when you'll need them down the road....
Now it's just a waiting game......................

No comments: