Tuesday, March 25, 2008

March 23 - Acknowleging the Dream

So, today was another great day in the journey towards working at Walt Disney World. Kristen from Yummy Jobs sent me an acknowedgement form stating when I start and end my time in Orlando (I don't even want to think about the end....Oi Vey!), which department I will be working in (F&B...Very nervous about that, but that story comes later), and just some rules and regulation about bringing your passport, resposibility of looking prim and proper and so forth. It also had the website for me to go to for the Program Assessment Fee and to sign up for that. I decided to pay it now rather than to have to worry about it when I get there. I am hoping to get most expenses taken care of before I go so I really only have to worry about the first week's rent and groceries and such things like that. Everyone is saying to take different amounts, but I think I'll probably have around $800 to take with me. That will leave a bit in my Canadian account for my OSAP and stuff to come out of there....
Anyways, so that's all settled now, so I only have to wait for my package to come in the mail, which should be within the next few weeks (hopefully not when I'm up north because that would kind of suck). I'll have to get my license changed back to dad's address so all my mail can go there instead of Jenn and I's apartment..I definitely don't want to miss something like that in the mail.
I'm getting really nervous about going. I have a lot of people asking me if I am having or have had second thoughts, and I have thought about it, but I know this is the right thing for me to do right now and it's a once in a lifetime opportunity that I just don't want to pass up. I will miss my friends and family and the people I work with so much but it just gives me something to look forward to when I come home. Plus there are always pictures and letters and phone call and emails to look forward to over the year, so I know I'll be fine!
The only thing that really gets me nervous is that I'm working in F&B and I really have no formal training in that at all. I have helped out in the Banquet departments in Edmonton and here in Kitchener before but never have I ever had to actually hold a tray and do stuff and that makes me the most nervous. I don't want to spill anything on anyone and even thought they would have a stain on their shirt to remember the "crazy lady at that Canadian pavilion" by, it's just really not my cup of tea. Plus when I have visitors, I want to be able to show off to them and stuff so I'm hoping I catch on rather quickly ha ha ha But like they say...Practice makes perfect!
Until my next bit of news comes.....

No comments: